:: who is milo ventimiglia ? ::
After joining the cast of Gilmore Girls in the series' second season, Milo Ventimiglia quickly won over viewers with his multi-layered portrayal of Jess, the new reckless youth in town who quickly complicates the love life of Alexis Bledel's character, Rory.
Born and raised in Orange, Calif., Ventimiglia decided at 8 years old that he wanted to win an Oscar. Ten years later, after starring in numerous high school plays, he received a scholarship from San Francisco's prestigious American Conservatory Theater (A.C.T.) for their summer program.
The young actor returned to Southern California and entered UCLA where he majored in theater. During that time, he made his professional acting debut on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Shortly thereafter, he was cast as the lead in the short film Must Be the Music which earned kudos at the 1996 Sundance Film Festival.
Over the past five years, Ventimiglia has built a varied resume balancing film, television and theater. On the big screen, he has appeared in the independent films Massholes and Sheer Bliss as well as the short film Nice Guys Finish Last.
His small screen experience includes the lead series regular role on Opposite Sex. Ventimiglia has also guest-starred on C.S.I., Promise Land and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
The youngest of three children, he is close to his two older sisters and parents. A natural athlete, Ventimiglia enjoys skateboarding, snowboarding and wakeboarding. His favorite hobby is restoring muscle cars made between 1964 and 1972.
:: about milo ::
Name: Milo Anthony Ventimiglia. (M-eye-lo Ven-tim-il-ee-ah).
Birthday: July 8 1977
Birthplace: Anaheim, California USA.
Grew up: Orange, California
Family: Father, Mother, two older sisters (rose).
Schools Attended: El Modena High School, UCLA, San Francisco's American Conservatory Theater
Favorite Colours: Blue, Black
Special Talents: Wrestling, Acting
Hobbies: Skateboarding, Snowboarding.
:: facts ::
- His ancestors came from all over the world; he is Italian, English, Irish, Scottish, French, Indian, and Cherokee.
- His mother loved Gilmore Girls even before he won the role of Jess.
- He loves working on renovations of his forty-year-old house.
- His most interesting role was Matt Raymond in Massholes.
- He has a '67 Chevelle Super Sport named "Evelyn."
- Loves to read whenever he can.
- Milo was ASB (Associated Student Body) President at his High School of El Modena in California.
- Music: Rock.
- Movies: "The Matrix", "The Godfather 1-2" "Blow", "Goodfellas".
- Actors: Sean Penn, Ed Norton, Philiph Seymour Hoffman.
- Bands: "The Strokes", "Deftones", "A Tribe called Quest", "The Hives".
- CDs: "The Clash", "Sex Pistols" "No Doubt".
- A Book: "The Long Walk (Richard Bachman).
* extracted of articles and interviews.